Senior Data Engineer
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team delivering state-of-the-art machine learning solutions? Do you want to work in an environment where you have the freedom to push your ideas through and have a real impact? Is a friendly, open-minded, and feedback-oriented culture important for you?
If your answers are YES – then this is the perfect role for you as a Senior Data Engineer in our growing team to advance our Natural Language Processing applications.
As our new Senior Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in supporting RepRisk's Machine Learning team in developing state-of-the-art Machine Learning applications. You will design, implement and nurture the data processes that act as a foundation for our Machine Learning products. Moreover, you will:
- Develop and nurture high-load streaming applications delivering machine learning predictions
- Automate data extraction operations through data pipelines
- Create workflows to enhance training and re-training of our ML models
- Ensure ML models predictions are served with the required latency and throughput
- Monitor data flows in the ML stack
- Design and improve scalable data storage on the cloud
- Work in a Scrum team where your opinion is valued
- A Master’s Degree (preferred) within subjects related to Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in Data Engineering or data-intensive Software Engineering roles
- Strong Python and SQL expertise
- Experience with batch / stream processing
- Experience in architecting scalable data-driven software
- Software engineering best practices : clean and maintanable programming
- Familiarity with cloud environment, CI/CD, containers
- Experience with operating / monitoring data-driven software
- Experience working in an Agile setup
- Linux expertise
- Analytical and structured thinking, organized, solution-oriented, and efficient in execution
- Strong communication skills with a proficiency in English, every other language is a plus
Additionally, the following are a plus :
- Java programming skills
- AWS experience, ideally Sagemaker
- Kubernetes expertise
- Experience working with Machine Learning teams
- Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing knowledge
- Familiarity with data security best practices
RepRisk is a rapidly-growing global company and a pioneer in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify ESG risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and remote work up to 3 days a week
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.
All selected candidates are required to complete an online technical test.