Business Information Research Lead
Location: Manila, Philippines
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Do you have a strong interest in the field of ESG or ESG data management with a proven track record in operational excellence and productivity? Are you are up for the challenge of managing a team of smart, dedicated co-workers? Are you proactive with strong communication and project management skills and can maintain a pragmatic approach without compromising quality? Are you a resourceful problem-solver who is not satisfied with the status quo and constantly think of ways to improve and develop processes and the team? Do you have strong self-management skills and the ability to deliver agreed-on tasks within deadlines even when under pressure and manage stakeholders’ expectations? In the past, have you shown confidence in leading by example, and loyalty, commitment, and dedication to the goals of the company.
If the answer is YES and you love to work as hard as you play - this might be the perfect role for you!
The Business Information Research (BIR) Lead will oversee a group of BIR analysts who are responsible for the creation and maintenance of RepRisk’s datasets, with a focus on companies and infrastructure projects, which are vital inputs to the RepRisk® ESG Risk Platform. The BIR Lead will oversee the team’s development, ensuring performance standards are met, supporting the overall goal of establishing Manila as the centre of excellence for dataset management.
The BIR Lead will focus on the development and well-being of the team, while setting out individual roadmaps for the group’s future with the company and is expected to be a conduit for process improvements and strategic decisions. The BIR Lead is also expected to collaborate with other divisions and Department Heads located in Asia, Europe, and North America in support of strategic projects and the company’s overall goals.
As a key player in our dynamic team
- You work closely with the Head of BIR and other BIR Leads to ensure that requests from internal and external clients located across Asia, Europe, and North America are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- You ensure team members are taking ownership of all incoming requests/projects and supporting their successful and timely completion by coordinating, planning, and organizing the long-term and day-to-day task distribution of the team
- You support and contribute to the BIR teams development by conceptualizing, developing, and innovating processes in terms of quality and efficiency gains, through the use of technology or other strategies
- You help institute quality control mechanisms to ensure comprehensive and accurate coverage, as well as timely maintenance, of RepRisk’s datasets focused on companies and infrastructure projects, including structure and relationships (subsidiaries, affiliates, etc.) and associated corporate actions resulting from M&As, spin-offs, reorganizations, and other corporate actions
- You coach team members effectively and set an example when it comes to data integrity, purposeful, open and solution oriented communication, as well as performance monitoring and professional and personal development
- You represent the BIR team in weekly Business Information Research Council meetings while proactively sharing acquired knowledge and contributing to corresponding projects on a regular basis
A Bachelor’s Degree from a respected university or college, having a Master’s degree is a plus
At least 3 years of team management experience with proven success in providing direction, instruction and guidance to a group of individuals for the purpose of achieving their goals
A strong background in financial markets with relevant experience in data strategies, data governance/maintenance and data analysis, particularly in corporate structure data, M&A information, and associated corporate events
Proven data and analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL is a plus
Experience in end-to-end project management, including planning, capacity allocation, scheduling, implementation, control and final delivery
Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a comprehensive and confident manner and simplifying and explaining these complex concepts to all hierarchy levels
Proficiency in handling multiple tasks and working under pressure to meet deadlines
Solid experience in dealing with European, North American and, Asian counterparts, showing exemplary professionalism with a proven understanding of Western work ethics and etiquette
An entrepreneurial drive with the ability to support Management within a unique culture of recognition, tough love, fun, and smart work
RepRisk is a rapidly-growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
Flexible working hours and arrangements
An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!