Location: Berlin, Germany
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you looking to combine your strong drive and can-do attitude with a variety of designs, languages, and methodologies? Do you wonder what it would be like to work at a company where your contribution has a real, measurable impact, and where your interest and passion for technology is nurtured? Do you love to connect with people in a professional environment? Are you patient and perseverant in overcoming challenges, solving problems, and learning new computer languages and techniques? Do you adapt well to changing priorities and tasks while always striving to deliver the best quality work without missing a deadline? Do you undertake your work with a high attention to detail?
If your answers are YES then this is the perfect role for you!
You will be Lead of a talented software team that works on mission-critical project. Your responsibilities include managing application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. On top of this, you will be the main point of contact for your team members, as well as have responsibility to coach the team alongside regular conversations, looking out for their motivation, development, and success. You need to be a team player who stimulates and facilitates personal and professional growth in your team and possess strong soft skills as well as technical experience:
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Interact with other technical and application dev teams in the implementation process involving multiple AWS services
- Write well designed, tested code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Several years of hands-on software development experience in Java 11+, SpringBoot 2.3+, JOOQ, GraphQL, REST, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MariaDB of some other RDBS.
- Understanding in building server-side components in a Cloud platform and microservice architecture using Spring Boot
- Capable to analyze and understand different application specifications, technology approaches, and business requirements
- Experienced with software design and architecture with a deep understanding of applications architecture and design principles
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate and interact with all levels of technical and business team members
- Fluent in English
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behaviour of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.