Sales Executive / Business Development Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
As our new Sales Executive/Business Development Manager you will play an important role in driving RepRisk’s sales and business development in Japan, focusing on the key growth client segments of banks, insurance companies, asset managers, asset owners, and non-financial corporates. You will be part of our global Sales & Marketing division and report to the Head of Market Development, based in Zurich, Switzerland. Moreover, you will:
- Develop and define sales strategies to achieve or exceed the company’s sales goals
- Develop a sustained pipeline of accounts and drive RepRisk’s sales in the Japanese financial and multinationals market
- Analyze client needs and recommend RepRisk solutions that best fulfil those needs
- Develop, write, and deliver value-based sales proposals and respond to client RFPs and RFIs
- Negotiate contracts and work closely with business development and client relationship management teams
- Use Salesforce to provide timely and accurate reports of activity and sales intelligence
- Travel within Japan to attend client meetings, events, and conferences
- A Bachelor’s Degree within subjects related to Business, Commerce, Financial Services, Management, or PR/Communications
- Solid professional experience in a front-facing sales, partnerships, or account management role focused on commercial activities and deal execution
- Experience with business development and sales processes, negotiation, and contractual and legal processes
- Analytical and structured thinking, organized, solution-oriented, and efficient in execution
- Strong communication skills with a proficiency in English and Japanese, every other language is a plus
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.