Procurement and Contracting Specialist (80-100%)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you looking for a challenging, intellectually stimulating role in a dynamic global company with a strong social mission? Do you want to apply your business acumen, legal background, and relationship management skills to a meaningful job in a growing market? Are you excited about a role where you learn something new every day by working closely with stakeholders across different departments and contributing directly to the business as the main point of contact for suppliers? Are you a self-starter who loves taking initiative and working independently while benefiting from a flexible work environment?
If your answers are YES – then this is the perfect role for you, and we look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter!
As a Procurement and Contracting Specialist, you will be part of the Legal team, reporting to the Head of Legal and working closely with our Client Solutions, ESG Research, Partnerships, and other teams within RepRisk. The role requires a hands-on, proactive approach, as you will take full ownership of the procurement lifecycle in establishing, developing, and managing RepRisk’s relationships with its data suppliers and other providers. In particular, you will liaise with stakeholders in various teams to determine RepRisk’s data sourcing and other business needs related to maintaining, enhancing, and developing both existing and new products and services. As RepRisk’s point of contact for supplier relationships, you will manage all aspects of the procurement process, including supplier research and selection, spearheading commercial negotiations and contract drafting, handling contract implementation, monitoring changing business needs, and managing ongoing supplier relationships. No/little travel is required, and flexible remote work is an option.
- Work closely with counterparts in RepRisk’s Client Solutions, ESG Research, Partnerships, and other teams to understand business plans and strategies and to identify and assess procurement requirements for existing and new products, services, and features.
- Establish relationships with data suppliers and other providers, including conducting supplier research and handling aspects of the supplier selection process; lead all aspects of commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Handle supplier contract review and drafting from inception through execution; identify and highlight potential risks with supplier contracts and propose recommendations to resolve or mitigate; ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures relating to supplier contracts; report to Head of Legal and business counterparts on the same.
- Manage RepRisk’s relationships with data suppliers and other providers, including monitoring contract implementation and performance and assessing supplier relationships and agreements in response to changing business needs; provide recommendations to Head of Legal and business counterparts on the same.
- At least five years of experience in a procurement role involving commercial relationship acquisition and account management, preferably in the data, information services, or IT procurement context
- Full native or near-native fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills; any other major business languages, in particular German or French, would be a plus
- Strong commercial negotiation skills, experience negotiating, reviewing, and drafting sourcing/licensing agreements, preferably in the software or data industries, and thorough understanding of intellectual property matters involved in licensing arrangements; experience with licensing financial data, ESG data, or news or media would be an advantage
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, J.D., or equivalent degree in law (or in the absence of a legal degree, comparable experience negotiating and drafting licensing agreements)
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects at different stages of completion
- Highly structured, organized, and detailed-oriented work approach; strong ability to prioritize matters in a fast-paced environment, deliver to deadlines, work independently, and take ownership of matters
- Experience as a team player who enjoys working across time zones and cultures
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- An opportunity to make a significant contribution to the field of sustainability at a growing company with a strong social mission
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates who have a work permit for Switzerland, and that we will not consider your application without a cover letter outlining your interest in and fit for the role.