Junior ESG Research Analyst - Dutch
Location: Berlin, Germany, Manila, Philippines, Toronto, Canada
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you looking to combine your strong analytical mind, multilingual skills, and professional attitude with a meaningful job in the growing ESG market? Have you wondered what it would be like to work at a company where your contribution has a real, measurable impact? Do you undertake your work with a high attention to detail? Are you a good team player, receptive to feedback, and open to interacting with a diverse group of people? Are you ready to go out of your comfort zone and accept new challenges?
If your answers are YES and you would love to contribute to our mission of providing more transparency to corporate behavior– then this is the perfect role for you!
As a Junior ESG Research Analyst, you will play a crucial role in supporting RepRisk's growth and global reach by analyzing and entering risk incidents from NGOs, the internet, print and other media sources into the RepRisk ESG Risk Platform. RepRisk facilitates the identification and assessment of environmental, social and corporate governance issues which may present financial, reputational and ethical risks. It is used by investment professionals, financial institutions, supply chain managers, multinational corporations and compliance managers. The RepRisk ESG Risk Platform plays an integral role in increasing transparency and ensuring compliance with internal and international standards, thereby helping to reduce risk exposure.
- Identifying and assessing risk incidents related to environmental, social and corporate governance issues
- Entering newly criticized companies, projects, etc. into the RepRisk database
- Summarizing and evaluating the incident according to our proprietary methodology
- Excellent English writing skills, including strong analysis and editorial skills
- The equivalent to a native level of Dutch
- A very high level of reading proficiency in other RepRisk languages, such as Bahasa, Turkish, Hindi, Russian, French, Chinese, Korean, and/or Japanese.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. A background in journalism, international relations, environmental, social, or media sciences is a plus
- A strong interest in environmental, social, and/or corporate governance issues
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit
Selected candidates will have to pass a comprehension language test