Junior Business Information Research Analyst
Location: Manila, Philippines
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Do you have a strong interest in environmental, social, and governance issues? Do you love working with data, attention to detail, and have an affinity for encoding and clerical work? Do you strive for operational excellence and productivity? Are you very reliable and do you meet the high-quality standards of a premium product? Do you have excellent English writing and communication skills with an analytical mindset coupled with critical thinking? Furthermore, are you a resourceful problem-solver who can cooperate well with different departments? Are you not satisfied with the status quo and constantly think of ways to improve and develop as an individual? Do you have a willingness to learn new processes and technologies? Are you a team player with the ability to deliver agreed upon tasks within deadlines? Are you open to challenge and develop yourself though training and self-study? Do you drive for results and deliver on agreements, bringing tasks to a successful conclusion?
If the answer is YES and you love to work as hard as you play - this might be the perfect role for you!
As a RepRisk® Junior Business Information Analyst, your focus is the creation and maintenance of RepRisk’s datasets focused on companies and infrastructure projects which are vital inputs to the ESG Research, Products, and Sales departments through the RepRisk® ESG Risk Platform. Part of your responsibilities would include matching client company records that were not automatically matched to the RepRisk database by our internal tools. You will also be responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of entities in the RepRisk database by performing scheduled reviews, cleanups, and special projects. The position will also expose you to other special tasks as needed. The work includes analysis, data management and quality control, as well as encoding and clerical tasks.
This role will report directly to the Business Information Research Team Leads in the Manila office. Moreover, you will:
- Create and maintain RepRisk’s datasets focused on companies, NGOs, infrastructure projects, etc. associated with environmental, social, and corporate governance issues
- Research and encode relevant data, while assuring the quality of entity level information before entering it into the RepRisk database in accordance with RepRisk standards
- Responsible for the accurate, timely and comprehensive updates of RepRisk’s datasets including structure and relationships (subsidiaries, affiliates, etc.) and associated corporate actions resulting from M&As, spin-offs, reorganizations, and other corporate actions
- Match client-provided entities with the entities in the RepRisk database
- Work with the Business Information Research Leads and other Business Information Research Analysts to ensure projects are completed in timely manner
- Extract entity information using proprietary tools for entity matching
- Be assigned as “point person” to oversee different projects/tasks and assist other Analysts
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree of any Business-related courses
- Experience in handling data governance/maintenance tasks would be a major plus
- Experience with data analysis, particularly in corporate structure data, M&A information, and associated corporate events would be a major plus
- Moderate to excellent skills using Microsoft excel
- Moderate experience in SQL
- Proficient in MS Office and internet browsing
- Enjoy working with data and analyzing data
- Enjoy encoding or clerical work
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
Fixed and variable compensation package tied to annual KPI’s
Flexible working hours and arrangements
An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit