Java Developer (m/f/d)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you looking to combine your strong drive and can-do attitude with a variety of designs, languages, and methodologies? Do you wonder what it would be like to work at a company where your contribution has a real, measurable impact, and where your interest and passion for technology is nurtured? Do you love to connect with people in a professional environment? Are you patient and perseverant in overcoming challenges, solving problems, and learning new computer languages and techniques? Do you adapt well to changing priorities and tasks while always striving to deliver the best quality work without missing a deadline? Do you undertake your work with a high attention to detail?
If your answers are YES and you love to work as hard as you play - this might be the perfect role for you!
As a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, your responsibilities will include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems. On top of this, you will be expected to manage Java application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Moreover, you will:
- Implement AWS Kubernetes ready APIs in Java using cutting edge technologies like Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Reactive Microservices, GraphQL, SSO, Docker, etc.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, tested code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Interact with the technical and application dev team in the implementation process involving multiple AWS services
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications
- Several years of proven, hands-on software development experience
- Proven working experience in Java 8, REST, Spring, relational databases and SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL), and microservice architecture
- Strong analytical skills and profound knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience with Message Queues such as ActiveMQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Capacity for building server-side components in a Cloud platform and microservice architecture using Spring Cloud and Spring Boot
- Ability to keep pace with an agile environment
- Experience with AWS-managed services utilizing API Gateway, Lambda, RDS
- Experience in the following technologies would be a plus: Java 11+, WebFlux / Reactive Microservices, Mockito, Elasticsearch, Hazelcast, GraphQL, Keycloak or similar SSO technology, React, and Front-end experience
- Fluent in English
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behaviour of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.