Head of Product Management
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Position type: Full-time
Start date: 01/01/2024
Do you like to discover the needs of both internal and external clients and translate them into data delivery systems, software features, and products? Do you enjoy working with Scrum and cross-functional teams in software development, machine learning, research, and business development? Do you believe in the power of high-quality data and metrics to address Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then this role is perfect for you.
As our Head of Product Management, you will lead our Product Management department and report directly to the Head of the Products & Technology division, based in Zurich. You will manage and coach a team of product managers who drive improvements to existing systems and design new RepRisk data delivery systems, software features, and workflow products. You will work closely with the engineering, product strategy, and innovation teams. Your main internal stakeholders will be the commercial and research management committees.
Your tasks will include:
- Leading the team on formulating individual product strategies, creating and maintaining product roadmaps, as well as managing the product development process aligned with RepRisk’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- Supporting the product managers in the business analysis, understanding the need of external and internal clients, formulating use cases and user stories, drafting product requirements, and defining user personas and acceptance criteria.
- Guiding teams on feasibility analysis, assessing the value of feature requests, and estimating complexity and delivery timelines.
- Contributing to the Products and Technology management team and staying in close contact with the client-facing and research teams to agree on priorities, resource allocation, and timelines.
- Identifying dependencies between projects and products, managing competing priorities, and efficient project planning.
- Facilitating the delivery against the short-term and long-term product roadmaps and effectively communicating with your internal and external stakeholders throughout all processes.
- Working with the commercial teams to ensure successful product launches and customer adoption.
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in product management, software engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in business analysis, software product management, or requirements engineering, preferably in a data-science or analytics company.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and motivating people as well as managing cross-functional projects and the ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine optimal solutions.
- Hands-on experience working in an agile working environment and following scrum. Scrum Master or Product Owner certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with one or more Scaled Agile frameworks like SAFe, Scrum-of-Scrums, Scrum@Scale, or LeSS.
- Familiar with software and database related aspects of DaaS (data-as-a-service) or SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications.
- Experience setting performance goals and measuring success.
- Client-centric mindset is a must; knowledge about ESG, data science, financial services, sustainability standards, or sustainability regulations is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex data and identify insights.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present analysis results and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong project management skills, managing multiple projects and workstreams, including interdependencies between them, against an agreed-on timeline.
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit