Location: Manila, Philippines
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you a numbers person who is highly organized with a team-oriented personality? Are you actively building strong and collaborative relationships across all levels and functions? Are you a self-starter who likes to take ownership while maintaining a pragmatic approach without compromising results? Are you an empathetic, motivated person who is passionate about Finance topics, ready to go the extra mile? And finally, you are passionate about ESG, like to have fun, and strive to achieve something meaningful?
If your answers are YES and you love to work as hard as you play, then this is the perfect role for you!
As a Finance Lead in Manila you will oversee all local Finance and Accounting responsibilities such as the handling of finance and accounting tasks, as well as the coordination of all corporate governance, tax and compliance deliverables of RepRisk Philippines Inc., a subsidiary and largest office of RepRisk AG, an ESG data science company, headquartered in Switzerland.
You are reporting directly to the Head of Finance in Zurich, Switzerland and you will be working closely with the General Manager in Manila and the Financial Controller in Zurich. You will also be supervising the accounting team based in the Manila. In general, your tasks include:
Finance & Accounting
- Oversee daily bookkeeping incl. accounts payable management and expense reimbursement;
- Review the bi-weekly payroll;
- Lead the month-end closing process and reporting to the headquarters;
- Preparing forecasts and budget;
- Cash planning and management;
- Preparing the annual financial statement according to PFRS;
- Coordinate the annual audit process, act as the liaison for the external auditor;
- Develop business cases or cost estimates for proposed investments;
- Maintain banking relations, optimizing bank and further facilities;
- Oversee the management of the pension fund by liaising with external service provider.
Corporate governance, tax and compliance (supported by the Admin Coordinator)
- Coordinate compliance and other processes related to PEZA, BOI, SEC, BIR and other relevant government agencies;
- Assist in obtaining government and business permits, as well as any government reporting;
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance norms, e.g. GIS filing based on shareholder meetings maintain stock and transfer book and list of signatories etc.;
- Filing of all relevant tax declarations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Master’s degree is a plus
- Proven track record in Finance & Accounting with a minimum of 5 years experience in a managing role in a corporate environment in the Philippines, experience working in a multinational company is a plus;
- Solid knowledge of Philippine Financial Reporting Standard (PFRS);
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification is a must;
- Experience working with QuickBooks and expense management tools is an advantage;
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of BIR and SEC rules and PEZA/BOI processes is required;
- Excellent command of verbal and written English skills, with ability to present complex information to non-technical internal audiences;
- Capacity to critically assess existing processes and propose improvements.
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
Fixed and variable compensation package tied to annual KPI’s
Flexible working hours and arrangements
An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit