Data Analyst - 6 month contract
Location: Berlin, Germany or Zürich, Switzerland
Position type: Contract
Start date: January 2024
Are you looking to combine your passion for data with a meaningful job in a growing market? Do you wonder what it would be like to work at a company where your contribution has a real, measurable impact – and you are rewarded for it? Do you love to connect with people in a professional environment? Are you a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, always going the extra mile with passion? Do you adapt well to changing priorities and tasks while always striving to deliver the best quality without missing a deadline? Do you undertake your work with high attention to detail?
If your answers are YES – then this is the perfect role for you!
As our new Data Analyst, you will play a crucial role in supporting RepRisk's ability to provide essential data and insights to organizations striving to foster responsible business conduct and mitigate ESG risk. You will be exposed to both proprietary and third-party datasets and drive decision making and business insights based on your analysis. You will be part of our Innovation Hub department and report to the Vice President, Innovation Hub, based in Zürich, Switzerland. Moreover, you will:
- Gather, assess, and interpret ESG-relevant data from various sources throughout the data pipeline (from upstream raw data, ML- and analyst-enriched data, and downstream client-facing data)
- Contribute to RepRisk’s data knowledge and governance, ensuring data accuracy, relevance, and reliability
- Create reports and visualizations to translate complex ESG and business information data into actionable insights for clients and prospects, guiding their sustainable decision-making processes
- Stay updated on industry developments and research new 3rd party datasets to inform data integration potential
- Collaborate with clients to understand their specific data needs and provide expert guidance to help them achieve their business goals
- Contribute to the development of new data management methods, tools, and technologies to enhance our ESG data offerings
- Support RepRisk's position as a leading ESG service provider by maintaining the high-quality service standards of RepRisk
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Data Science, Mathematics, Finance)
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Familiarity with ESG concepts and data sources
- Experience with SQL databases
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or similar for data analysis purposes (no software development skills required)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex data in a clear and understandable manner
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to data accuracy and quality
- Passion for environmental and social responsibility and a commitment to making a positive impact
- Experience with data analysis tool such as Power BI, etc.
- Analytical and structured thinking, organized, solution-oriented, and efficient in execution
- Strong communication skills with a proficiency in English, every other language is a plus
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and pioneer in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data science field. Our mission is to foster positive change by promoting transparency in business practices through the power of data. Leveraging AI, machine learning, and human intelligence, we analyze public information to identify ESG risks, serving as a reality check for how companies conduct their business worldwide - do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labour standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Join a growing, diverse, and experienced team that fosters skill development and offers support.
- Work in an agile development ecosystem using state-of-the-art open-source technologies.
- Flexible working hours and arrangements to accommodate your needs.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment.
- Be part of a shared mission to hold companies accountable and encourage responsible behaviour.
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit