Chief Technology Officer
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
As Chief Technology Officer of RepRisk AG based in Zurich, you are responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, as well as for implementing technology strategies and developments that add value, are efficient, secure, and aligned with the organization's goals.
As a seasoned technology professional with hands-on experience in software development, development operations and data engineering, you not only understand current practices and trends, but also have experience in anticipating industry developments. You are an accomplished line manager and help our highly talented people to grow and thrive.
You are a member of the RepRisk Executive Committee and contribute to the overall management and operations of our company with locations in Berlin, London, Manila, New York, Tokyo, Toronto, and Zurich. You develop a close relationship with our products, research, and commercial teams and foster a culture of trust, transparency, intellectual honesty, and humility in line with our values. Despite your deep industry know-how, you don’t have all the answers and will listen and enjoy working with others: you are curious at heart and keep an open mind so that the best argument and solution wins.
Your tasks include the following:
- Play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic technology direction, identify opportunities and risks as well as monitor technology trends that could influence the company's business goals.
- Provide leadership, direction, management, and support for the technology teams which cover software development and quality assurance, development operations, data engineering, machine learning, IT support, and information security.
- Manage and develop technology capabilities and contribute to human resources strategy ensuring they meet our short- and long-term needs, including build or buy decisions and evaluation of the locations of our technology hubs.
- Define the information technology and data architecture together with the senior technology team and lead the strategy for our technology platforms and how they fit into our client and partnership ecosystems.
- Together with peers and colleagues, create timelines for the development and deployment of all technological solutions and services (either built internally or bought from third party providers).
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of new solutions and services, maintaining a client-focused outlook in the delivery of technology projects.
- Manage technology budgets while also ensuring all technology practices adhere to technology and regulatory standards, compliance regulations as well as implementing data protection and QA processes.
- Develop a strategy to oversee the use of new technology and data in the organization.
- Ensure appropriate, tailored communciation of RepRisk’s technology and data strategy to clients, partners, vendors,investors, management, and employees.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics and oversee changes in system architecture.
- Be a RepRisk champion and embody RepRisk’s values of intellectual honesty and humility, operational excellence, as well as openness and respect for people.
- Five or more years of experience working as a CTO or in a similar role
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or similar relevant field or equivalent experience
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with software development, development operations, and data engineering
- Knowledgeable in data architecture and modern data technologies including machine learning and experience working in data-centric organizations
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong leadership and managerial qualities
- Outstanding analytical ability, problem-solving aptitude, attention to detail, and highly organized
- Strong work ethic and pro-actively owning topics
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.