Business Analyst Regulatory Affairs
Location: Manila, Philippines
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you interested in ESG, sustainability, and the regulatory space – and want to achieve something meaningful? Do you enjoy researching, analyzing, and presenting information and aspire to become a topic expert or advisor? Are you structured, execution-oriented, and have attention to detail? Are you motivated by joining a highly dynamic, fast-paced, and growing industry? Do you consider yourself a proactive and quick learner, with excellent communication skills?
If your answers are YES and you love to work as hard as you play – then this is the perfect role for you!
The Business Analyst Regulatory Affairs plays an important role in supporting the Sales & Marketing and Products divisions to stay abreast of the key standards and regulatory developments in the ESG market. On top of this, you will identify the risks and opportunities these standards and regulations pose for our company and our clients and present the findings to internal teams. In this role, you will be part of the global Sales & Marketing division and report to the Senior Business Analyst, Partnerships and Third-Party Distribution, based in Manila. Moreover, you will:
- Monitor regulatory and market developments and conduct research to identify key ESG standards and regulations and relevant developments using desktop research
- Compile, summarize and provide guidance on all ESG regulations from key regulators and associations (i.e., U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), EU Commission (EC), Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), Japan/China/Hong Kong/Singapore stock exchanges, etc.)
- Compile, summarize and provide guidance on all ESG standards from standards organizations (i.e., UN Global Compact (UNGC), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Value Reporting Foundation, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), OECD Guidelines for Multinationals Enterprises and for Export Credit Agencies, World Bank Group, Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), UNEP FI Principles for Responsible Banking and Sustainable Insurance, Equator Principles, etc.)
- Identify standards and regulations that affect RepRisk as an ESG data provider/research agency
- Identify use cases and corresponding potential business and product opportunities and solutions for RepRisk
- Present regular updates and provide analysis and summaries on specific standards and regulations to internal teams
- Coordinate with the Research or Client Solutions teams with mapping the standards and regulations to RepRisk’s research scope and integrating it into products and solutions as necessary
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in political science, law, business, international relations or a similar field or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in business analysis and market or competitive and regulatory research
- Analytical and structured thinker, organized, pragmatic, and efficient in execution
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in using MS 365 tools, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and pioneer in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world and drive positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information to identify ESG risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.