Location: Manila, Philippines
Position type: Full-time
Start date: By agreement
Are you a dynamic number cruncher who is keen on working for a global company? Are you diligent and thorough without compromising speed? Are you a team player with a can-do attitude? Do you want to combine your strong analytical skills and your professional attitude with a meaningful job in a fast-growing market?
If your answers are YES – then this is the perfect role for you!
As Accountant you will be working closely with the Finance Lead in handling all Finance & Accounting tasks, as well as jointly coordinating all corporate governance, tax, and compliance deliverables of RepRisk Philippines Inc. This is a generalist role, requiring flexibility to shift between simpler tasks and more complex, big-picture activities. This role will report to the Finance Lead based in the Manila office. Moreover, you will:
- Perform bookkeeping focusing on accounts payable management, disbursement voucher preparation, expense reimbursements, billing, remittances, and bank-related transactions
- Work with HR team in bi-weekly payroll processing and monitoring of employee benefit payouts
- Ensure proper filling of all Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) tax returns and reports
- Coordinate in securing permits, licenses, certificates, reports, and other processes related to compliance with Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Local Government Unit (LGU) and other relevant government agencies
- Work with other finance team members in liaising with the external auditors in the annual audit process
- Participate in internal processes improvement and development plans
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as needed
- 3-5 years proven experience in Finance & Accounting in a corporate environment in the Philippines
- Solid knowledge of Philippine Financial Reporting Standards for Small Medium Entities (PFRS for SMEs) and Full Philippine Financial Reporting Standard (Full PFRS)
- Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience working with accounting-related software – QuickBooks, expense management tool and any local payroll system are an advantage
- Audit experience; knowledge of PEZA rules and processes; and advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets are an advantages
- Excellent command of verbal and written English skills.
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity because life would be boring if we were all the same!